Cockroaches are known to carrying bacteria name salmonella, which can cause disease having symptoms similar to food poisoning. And that’s not it having cockroach infestation at your residence or commercial places can cause serious problems especially allergic causes and asthma.
It is also proved by World Health Organization (WHO) that cockroaches tend to be unhygienic scavengers (scavengers means they go out in search of food until they don’t get it).
Cockroach Gel is most widely use to get rid of cockroach.
Where do cockroaches grow?
Cockroaches are absolutely in love with dark and humid places, specifically the places where the temperature exceeds 70° f. On a sunny day, you can’t find them crawling even after there were present lots of cockroaches. They will also scatter as soon as the room fills with brightness.
As we have already discussed cockroaches are scavengers, so they most likely to take place at your residence if they found any access to food crumbs or scrapes. They also love to take place in garbage and disposals as there are chances to get a lot of food crumbs.
How cockroaches escalate allergies:
When cockroach crawls all over the floor at your home they shed their body parts, eggs, and saliva. And similar to dust mites they have some proteins or allergens that may cause allergies or can also trigger asthma.
According to EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), kids are more tend to get infected than adults by cockroach infestation. In urban areas, approximately 78 to 98% of homes have cockroach allergens.
Although cockroaches don’t bite instead they scratch a person which may lead to skin allergy.
Diseases that cockroaches can cause:
Cockroaches are synonyms of poor hygiene and filth. Cockroach spread many diseases most of them spread indirectly. They transmit the bacteria they carry to food and the places they crawl on.
A cockroach can transmit Salmonellosis, Typhoid Fever, Cholera, Dysentery, Leprosy, Plague, Campylobacteriosis, and Listeriosis.
1. As we already discussed that cockroaches carry salmonella bacteria which spread salmonellosis diseases. This bacterium stays in their digestive system for a month or more and is transmitted to the food by their vomit and feces.
Symptom of this disease occur the same as food poisoning in humans which usually show up 12 to 72 hours later.
2. Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection that occurs by salmonella typhi bacterium. Cockroach assembles this disease by devouring on feces contained bacteria.
A symptom of typhoid fever is high fever, head and muscle ache, exhaustion, and stomach ache.
3. Cholera infection is caused through vibrio cholera bacterium known as diarrheal infection. Symptoms of this infection don’t show up in 80% of the population although this bacterium stays in their body for 1-10 days after infecting by cholera. While other might have some symptom of dehydration.
4. Dysentery is an infection that spread through poor hygiene; it’s a kind of gastroenteritis that causes diarrhea with blood. Some people suffer from mild symptoms and recover within one week.
Dysentery infection has two types one is bacillary dysentery and the second one is Amoebic dysentery.
5. Cockroaches are known to carries many bacteria which cause disease one of them is bacillus mycobacterium leprae which is the reason behind leprosy disease. Although this is not highly infectious but able to cause permanent damage to skin, nerves, and eyes.
6. Cockroaches are suspected to spread Yersinia pestis bacterium which is known as the reason for bubonic plague. Many people knew the plague as a rodent-borne disease.
Symptoms of plague are muscle cramps, high fever, swollen and painful lymph nodes (contain white blood cells which fight against infection), and chills.
How to get rid of cockroach:
Cockroaches are mainly attracted to a place where water and food crumbs are found so make sure to clean the place after eating and stop all the possible ways on which cockroaches can feed. Keep the area dries especially under the sink and damp area.
Seal all the entry point to your home through which cockroach can enter. Fix all the leaky pipes. Clean up the pet food bowl. Clear out the clutter from the storage closet, drawers. Cockroach feed on the paper also so make sure to keep the area where newspapers are stored clean and hygienic.