Do you have ants in your home? Did give up because you think they can’t be controlled? Are you living with the nuisance ants give? You will be excited to know that ants cab be terminated with the use of organic and safer solutions easily.
Most species of ants are completely harmless. But living with the nuisance they create being in your house is very irritating. They come into the colony; we usually see the trails of ants. Ants are attracted to tasty food in your kitchen. Just a little chance and half of your food will be included in their party.
Get rid of ants in the kitchen
We often encounter ants in the kitchen. The most prior way to get rid of ants is keeping good hygiene and cleanliness. Make sure to clean the floor and platform after preparing food. If you see any ant trails clear them completely.
Spray the solution on the ant trails or nests. Wipe the solution after 5 minutes. Ants leave a chemical behind that attracts more ants. So only wiping the ant won’t work, you also need to clean that chemical they leave behind.
Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint is considered a natural insect repellent. It uses to deter ants, mosquitoes, and many other bugs. Peppermint essential oil comes in concentrate form so we can’t use it directly.
Method of making peppermint spray.
- Dilute 10 to 20 drops of peppermint essential oil in 2 cups of water.
- Mix the solution well and fill up the spray bottle with it.
- Spray the solution on joints of wall and bottom, ant nests, window corners, door corners, or wherever you saw the ants, etc.
- Let it dry and use it again as per your need.
Note – don’t let your pets be exposed to this solution, it can make them ill.
The use of coffee ground can take little time to terminate ants but it is a very effective method. Spread the coffee ground where you have seen ants. It has a strong smell that makes ants lose their trails. Also, if some of the ants take the coffee ground particle to their nest. Then you will eventually be noticed that the population of ants is decreasing.
Tea tree essential oil
Like peppermint essential oil tea tree essential oil is also a great repellent for bugs. to use this follow the method explained below.
- Dilute 5 to 10 drops of tea tree essential oil with 2 cups of water.
- Fill up the spray bottle with the solution and spray where you have encountered ants.
If you find the solution scent too strong you can add a few drops of peppermint essential oil and more water. You can also use Neem oil and lemon eucalyptus oil similar to tea tree essential oil.
Note – keep it away from pets.
Boric acid is a substance that works on terminating almost all household pests.
To use boric acid follow the steps explained below.
- Wear safety gloves.
- Take half spoon of boric acid, 8 teaspoons of sugar, and 1 cup of water.
- Mix them until sugar and boric acid get completely dissolved.
- Apply the solution where you have encountered ants using a cotton ball.
Note – keep it away from pets reaches it can be hazardous for them.
Diatomaceous earth is not a poison to terminate bugs and pests. It is a compound that is obtained from earth minerals. Diatomaceous earth works on dehydrating the pests’ bodies to end them.
It is a fine powder that sticks to the pest body when come in contact and terminates them.