Bed bugs have regained their appearance in recent years resultant also increased engrossment in treatment for bed bugs that also making the chances that people will take action to prevent infestation.
Although insecticide is available at stores, nowadays people want to use some natural ways too in order to get rid of any kind of problem.
What is a bed bug
Bed bugs are small, oval shaped, brownish insects that live on the human blood and animal. Adult bed bugs are kind of flat that can swell up by sucking on human blood and become reddish. Bed bugs can scroll on floors, walls, and ceiling but they don’t fly.The female tendency of bed bugs may lay a hundred eggs. The maturity state of immature bugs totally depends on the blood they take. Immature bugs are also known as nymphs can fully develop in a month under appropriate conditions.
- Bed bugs have flattened bodies and almost tiny size body structures that’s why they can easily hide in negligible places like bed frames.
- They can easily gain access to your residence through your belongings such as luggage, couch, etc.
- Bed bugs live in batches but they don’t create nests like other pesticides.
- This species of insect hides at places like a crack in bed frames, under mattresses, beyond pictures, and any other artwork.
- They also stay inside electric outlets, loose wallpapers, couch cushions, and also the place where the wall and ceiling meet.
- These kinds of insects typically occupy a joint in bed frames, headboards so they have easy access to bite people.
Sign of Infestation
- When you observe blood stains on your bed sheet, pillow, mattresses, walls the reason behind these stains could be bed bugs.
- Bed bugs leave their eggshells, fecal spots, or shed skin at the place, they also with their dark and rusty spots.
- Bed bugs have a kind of musty odor which could be the point of attraction that you notice bedbugs.
- They could also present inside the books, radio or telephones.
- You can also consider the bed bug infestation is approaching your house when you find out red welts on your body that were not there when you went to sleep.
Bed bugs can take some time to wipe out. There are so many approaches that we can use to get rid of bed bugs completely. Usually, the process of bed bug removal starts with the cleaning process of the living area, as they most probably acquire their position where you sleep or sit most.
Most people like to call pest control for removing the bed bugs from their house which is also not very cost effective to all human kind. So there are many other ways by which we can clean the residential area very easily.
Step 1. Home Cleaning Method
- Bed bugs can easily be killed with high heat 115 f (46 C) and intense cold less than 32 f (less than 0 C).
- Laundering is one of the effective ways of killing bed bugs, For this way firstly remove your bed sheet cover, curtains directly in a plastic bag to avoid the chance of spreading bugs and wash them in hot water for at least 30 min then put them in the dryer at high heat for 30 min.
- Objects like stuffed animals which cannot be washed put them into drier at the highest heat setting.
- Clean the contaminated area with the help of brush before vacuuming the place.
- Also vacuum the area beside the bed windows sofa and all the surrounding area of bed bug infestation. And immediately place the vacuum cleaner into a plastic bag so the bugs can’t be spread anywhere else.
Use a steamer at all other places like couches, mattresses etc.
Leave the removed bugs at high heat for at-least two to five months, and at intense cold at-least for 4 days to destroy them completely (high heat 115 f, intense cold 0 f). Zip all the cover so that bugs trapped inside will die.
Step 2. Chemical Treatment
The heating and cooling method are much effective in case of much infestation as the heat and cold cannot reach every corner of the room.
So to get rid of the bed bugs chemicals also can be used which are easily available online as well as stores. It is also a matter of concern to use chemicals with substantial care. Always look for products which are EPA-registered.
- Pyrethrins and Pyrethroids which are obtained from chrysanthemum flowers most commonly used to kill bed bugs.
- Derricants such as boric acid and diatomaceous earth destroy the bug outer coating which leads to dry out the bug and die.
- Pyrroleslike Chlorfenapyr kill the bedbugs by disrupting their cells.
- Neocotinoids, a synthetic form of nicotine, kill bed bugs by affecting their nervous system.
Step 3. Organic Treatment
People want to use an organic way to get rid of any kind of problem as using the chemical process can give you results but they have some other risk also. Instead of using chemicals organic treatment also could be used.
· 1. Plant Oil
Since the bed bugs are found mostly on the sofa, and beds so people want to use something which is not harmful for humans. SO the other way to kill bed bugs is using plant based essential oil. These compounds have power to kill bed bugs at very low risk. Carvacrol, derived from oregano and thyme (thymol), Citronellic acid (lemongrass), and Eugenol (clove) are the most effective way to get rid of bed bugs. We can also use the Neem Oil(or neem) to keep the bed bug away from house.
· 2. Bed Bug killer
There are also some other compounds available which can be used to get rid of bed bugs proved 100% organic to use such as Bed Bug Killer. It’s a combination of some earth minerals which are safe to use to kill bed bugs and their eggs.
Getting help with the pest control team is always a solution to get rid of bed bugs.
Bed bugs can be away from your house by using just some precaution. Although there are so many ways discussed to get rid of bed bugs but still there is a necessity to keep some precaution in order to get the bed bugs away from your house to always like to fill the cracks and not use second hand furniture. We may always use the organic compound to solve our problem as they give good results with less harmful effects.